Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Stephen Quinney <st...@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk> on 2005/07/20 20:47:45 UTC

mod_perl2 and Attribute::Handlers?

I have been attempting to use some code that utilises the
Attribute::Handlers module within mod_perl2 without success. I know the
modules work perfectly outside of the mod_perl2 environment. I am aware
that there are issues with this as it is doing work at the CHECK phase
and I've read:

http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/coding/coding.html#C_CHECK__and_C_INIT__Blocks

I have tried using PerlModule, PerlLoadModule and a startup.pl script
via PerlPostConfigRequire but none of these are having the desired
effect. Is there any hope of finding a way around this or should I
just bite the bullet and rewrite the code?

Thanks in advance,

Stephen Quinney

Re: mod_perl2 and Attribute::Handlers?

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Stephen Quinney wrote:
> I have been attempting to use some code that utilises the
> Attribute::Handlers module within mod_perl2 without success. I know the
> modules work perfectly outside of the mod_perl2 environment. I am aware
> that there are issues with this as it is doing work at the CHECK phase
> and I've read:
>
> http://perl.apache.org/docs/2.0/user/coding/coding.html#C_CHECK__and_C_INIT__Blocks
>
> I have tried using PerlModule, PerlLoadModule and a startup.pl script
> via PerlPostConfigRequire but none of these are having the desired
> effect. Is there any hope of finding a way around this or should I
> just bite the bullet and rewrite the code?

Stephen, have you loaded the code that uses the attributes at the startup
as well? Do you have a simple test case to try? If so please pack it into
the Apache-Test skeleton:
http://people.apache.org/~geoff/Apache-Test-skeleton-mp2.tar.gz
and send it here. Thanks.