Posted to infrastructure-dev@apache.org by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/02 13:36:01 UTC

Git + svn problem?

Hia i am not sure if I have a problem here or the git mirror itself has
problems. So I ask here first before filing a jira issue on it.

I noticed you guys have mirrored the myfaces trunk

If I run following sequence

PROJECT_NAME="myfaces"
git clone git://git.apache.org/"$PROJECT_NAME"
cd "$PROJECT_NAME"/.git; wget http://git.apache.org/authors.txt; cd ..
git config svn.authorsfile ".git/authors.txt"
git svn init --prefix=origin/ --tags=tags --trunk=trunk
--branches=branches https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/"$PROJECT_NAME"/current
git svn rebase

the rebase fails with
Unable to determine upstream SVN information from working tree history

The issue seems to be that the git mirrored project is located under
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/"$PROJECT_NAME"/current but that should
not be a problem should it?

Not sure what the exact problem here is.
I am for now back to git-svn clone and rebase :-)

Werner

Re: Git + svn problem?

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmail.com>.
Daniel Spiewak schrieb:
> Ideally, svn:externals should be converted into git submodules.
> Unfortunately, I don't think that git-svn supports anything like this at the
> moment (though I seem to recall some discussion of a similar feature a while
> back).  So, unless you want to start hacking around in the perl scripts...
>
> Daniel
Actually no to my knowledge it is not supported since the svn:externals
and git submodules do not match 1:1 exactly the git people are still
undecided how to solve it. For my privat projects I resolved it by using
symlinks and treating externals as separate projects.

Werner

Re: Git + svn problem?

Posted by Daniel Spiewak <dj...@gmail.com>.

Re: Git + svn problem?