Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Stack <st...@duboce.net> on 2013/03/04 20:08:24 UTC

Disabling the example unit tests?

They fail pretty frequently up on jenkins but with no context on why:
https://builds.apache.org/view/G-L/view/HBase/job/hbase-0.95/21/.  They
pass locally for me.  OK if I disable them for now at least.  Can have
non-critical issue to reenable them.

St.Ack

Re: Disabling the example unit tests?

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 11:27 AM, Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Some of these examples have been given to HBase users on mailing lists.
> If any of them happens to be broken after being disabled, we might get
> report from user(s) about the breakage.
>
> One option is to move them back to tests under hbase-server.

No on the above.

I will disable them in 0.95 branch and leave them as is in trunk.

Thanks,

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
Some of these examples have been given to HBase users on mailing lists.
If any of them happens to be broken after being disabled, we might get
report from user(s) about the breakage.

One option is to move them back to tests under hbase-server.

Cheers