Posted to user@ambari.apache.org by Vivek Padmanabhan <vp...@aryaka.com> on 2013/07/12 06:47:17 UTC

How to move the Master with Ambari

Hi,
  How, can I can handle master down scenario. Say for ex; my Namenode machine is down and I want to start the namenode in some other machine in the cluster.
I know we can add a new machine, but in our case, we will be moving to some other machine in the cluster which is already configured through Ambari.

Thanks
Vivek

Re: How to move the Master with Ambari

Posted by Mahadev Konar <ma...@hortonworks.com>.
Hi Vivek,
 Currently Ambari does not support moving components but there is
ongoing work that will enable this in the next couple of releeases.
Please watch the following jira for move updates:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/AMBARI-1389

thanks
mahadev