Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Jesse Glick <Je...@netbeans.com> on 2000/08/15 03:17:42 UTC

Re: Problems with the "ant" task

(re. relative directories and <ant> task not working)

Peter Donald wrote:
> If you want to test it out in latest nightly binary it *should* be fixed.
> (At least no one has complained and I haven't seen any problems with it :P)

...and yet it's not that I can see.

Am I missing something? This problem is fixed in CVS (or at least the
source code looks fixed), and has been for three weeks. Yet a colleague
working on our build scripts complained to me about the same problem.
After some investigation:

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/ant/nightly/2000-08-14/bin/jakarta-ant.zip

appears by timestamps to be today's build, and it is marked as
"nightly", yet in fact it seems to contain some very old stuff. Look at
org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Ant in this ZIP (I checked the source,
Javadoc, and classfile); it still has the buggy setDir(String) method,
long since fixed (1.12 I think) in CVS. In fact the version of Ant.java
in this zip is 1.10, about a month old.

Did someone maybe forget to take -rANT_11 out of whatever makes nightly
builds? (ANT_11 = 1.10 for Ant.java.) If so, anyone using "nightly"
builds has in fact been using 1.1.

Making sure my firewall isn't overcaching, I checked and version.txt
says:

	VERSION=1.1
	DATE=August 14 2000

Seems to be similar for ..../src/jakarta-ant.tar.gz, probably for others
as well.

-Jesse

--
Jesse Glick   <ma...@netbeans.com>
tel (+4202) 3300-9161 Sun Micro x49161 Praha CR