Posted to dev@geode.apache.org by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io> on 2019/10/30 01:01:32 UTC

[DISCUSS] Tweak to branch protection rules

Hi all,

It seems we've configured our branch protection rules such that pushing a
change to a PR that has been approved invalidates the previous approval.

I think we should turn this off - it looks like it's an optional feature.
We should trust people to rerequest reviews if needed. Right now this is
adding busywork for people to reapprove minor changes (Fixing merge
conflicts, spotless, etc.)

If you all agree I'll ask infra to uncheck "Dismiss stale pull request
approvals when new commits are pushed." in our branch protection rules.

-Dan

Re: [DISCUSS] Tweak to branch protection rules

Posted by Jinmei Liao <ji...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Posted by Dan Smith <ds...@pivotal.io>.
Seems like the consensus is to make this change. I'll follow up with infra.

-Dan

Posted by Jason Huynh <jh...@pivotal.io>.
+1, thanks Dan!

Posted by Aaron Lindsey <al...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Posted by "Ju@N" <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Nabarun Nag <nn...@apache.org>.

Posted by Joris Melchior <jm...@pivotal.io>.
+1

Posted by "Ju@N" <ju...@gmail.com>.

--
Ju@N

Re: [DISCUSS] Tweak to branch protection rules

Posted by Nabarun Nag <nn...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Darrel Schneider <ds...@pivotal.io>.
+1