Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Aaron Mulder <am...@alumni.princeton.edu> on 2000/08/30 23:26:19 UTC

Unhelpful JSP Error Messages

	I deployed my first JSP, and predictably enough, it failed to run
on the first try.  The error was classic cut & paste - I missed one
occurance of the bean name in the code I was basing mine on.  However, the
console exception generated by Tomcat was a NullPointerException, and it
only went as far as a Jasper class.  It was singularly unhelpful.  Is
there any way to get more useful validation or error messages for JSP
development?  A log file or something?

Thanks,
	Aaron