Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by the_palakkaran <ji...@suntecsbs.com> on 2018/11/27 09:35:47 UTC

Use case difference between CacheLoader, CacheWriter and CacheStore?

Hi,

What is the difference in use case between CacheLoader, CacheWriter and
CacheStore ? CacheStore contains implementations for methods in the other
two, so why should I use them is what makes me confused.

When loading a record using cache store, the query was getting executed in
all the nodes, will this be the same if I use CacheLoader?

Re: Use case difference between CacheLoader, CacheWriter and CacheStore?

Posted by Ilya Kasnacheev <il...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

CacheStoreAdapter is just a convenience class with some methods
pre-implemented. You can use both.

Ilya Kasnacheev

Posted by the_palakkaran <ji...@suntecsbs.com>.

Posted by Mikael <mi...@telia.com>.
Hi!

CacheLoader and CacheWriter are JCache interfaces, CacheStore is an
Ignite interface that is just there for convenience to put all in the
same class.

https://apacheignite.readme.io/v2.6/docs/3rd-party-store

"While Ignite allows you to configure the |CacheLoader| and
|CacheWriter| separately, it is very awkward to implement a
transactional store within 2 separate classes, as multiple |load| and
|put| operations have to share the same connection within the same
transaction. To mitigate that, Ignite provides
|org.apache.ignite.cache.store.CacheStore| interface which extends both,
|CacheLoader| and |CacheWriter|."

Mikael