Posted to users@pdfbox.apache.org by Jack Bush <ne...@yahoo.com.au> on 2011/05/26 16:12:20 UTC

How to keep PDF format when extracting text

Hi All,

I have no problem extracting text from pdf document using pdfbox-app-1.5.0.jar
but found that the format has been lost. Also downloaded fontbox-1.5.0.jar and
jempbox-1.5.0.jar but not sure how to use them to improve the format of the
extracted text file to be as close to the orginial pdf file as possible.

Are there any good document around on this topic on using recent jars. I found
some material from Google but they are either using a much earlier version
(0.8) of pdfbox or the explanantion is insufficient to follow. It is not in
PDDFBox FAQ.

Do you have an archived mailing list I could lookup?

Many thanks,

Jack

Re: How to keep PDF format when extracting text

Posted by Jack Bush <ne...@yahoo.com.au>.
OK Elbin,

I will take up your suggestion.

Thank you once again,

Jack

Posted by Elbin Elias <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jack

--
Thanks & Regards
Elbin K Elias

Re: How to keep PDF format when extracting text

--
Thanks & Regards
Elbin K Elias

Re: How to keep PDF format when extracting text

Posted by Elbin Elias <el...@gmail.com>.
pdfbox\examples\util

--
Thanks & Regards
Elbin K Elias

Re: How to keep PDF format when extracting text

--
Thanks & Regards
Elbin K Elias

Re: How to keep PDF format when extracting text

Posted by Elbin Elias <el...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jack

--
Thanks & Regards
Elbin K Elias

Re: How to keep PDF format when extracting text

Posted by Eric Douglas <ed...@blockhouse.com>.