Posted to user@struts.apache.org by bw...@pdv-online.de on 2002/02/14 16:44:12 UTC

Internationalization issues

Hi all :)

I have to questions concerning initialization. In the user's guide I saw an
example with a bean:message and an html:message tag being used for
retrieving strings from a properties file from the struts-bean taglib and
the struts:html taglib. What's the difference?

I saw that in web.xml you can configure a properties file that holds the
strings which can later be retrieved for custom tags. As I see it there is
only one init parameter (name is "application") that can be used to refer to
such a properties file. What if I want to use different properties files,
say one per package. How can I configure those so Struts knows where to find
them?

Thanks for your input. I'd appreciate any ideas.

Bernie