Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Alex Birch <al...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2002/08/22 03:15:29 UTC

integrating a struts app authentication into Apache mod_auth

Hi,

I would like to integrate a struts application into a much wider web application which uses other
technologies.

One of the requirements is to integrate with their authentication (they use LDAP in Apache
mod_auth) for their Portal. (we have Apache 1.3 and tomcat 4.0 to play with)

Has anyboy have any knowledge or experience doing this?

Ideally I'd like some way that upon authentication using mod_auth, a Policy gets created in tomcat
and is associated with a role so I can just start my App and the right role exists for the user.

thanks,

Alex