Posted to users@zeppelin.apache.org by Vikash Kumar <vi...@RESILINC.COM> on 2016/10/18 10:01:30 UTC

zeppelin + helium activation

Hi all,
Congratulations for latest release.

I went through zeppelin helium proposal which looks great and more advance and it will bring zeppelin far ahead from other notebooks. While exploring over the internet I came across presentation on helium[1] where in slide number 24 has a UI to plug-in components.
So at any point can I see(Activate if need some configurations) helium UI in zeppelin .So that I can design a demo with zeppelin + helium?

[1] http://www.slideshare.net/HadoopSummit/apache-zeppelin-helium-and-beyond

Thanks & Regards,
Vikash Kumar

Re: zeppelin + helium activation

Posted by moon soo Lee <mo...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Thanks for the interest on helium framework.
It's still got long ways to go. If you want to try, you can build master
branch with '-Pexamples' flag.

You'll see Helium launcher icon when you create either Java.util.Date
object, or table result in paragraph.

I.e. Try '%spark new java.util.date' or try print any table output.

Helium still needs a lot of design considerations, so any feedback would be
really appreciated.

Thanks,
moon