Posted to users@flex.apache.org by bilbosax <wa...@comcast.net> on 2018/01/25 06:11:14 UTC

Quick CameraRoll Question

My app needs to be able to import an image that the user selects from the
cameraroll.  But my app is not capable of handling a video or a PNG, only
JPG files.  Is there a way when you browse the cameraroll, that you can
specify it to only show the JPG images that the user has, and not all the
various image types that they may have??

Thanks!

Re: Quick CameraRoll Question

Posted by Hans Nuecke <hn...@vservu.de>.
Jan,

thanks for the hint on the native methods! I indeed missed that and used
the old encoder from the AS3CoreLib!
Sounds promising; I'll give it a try. And probably later will dive into
workers also; another option I ignored so far ;-)

Regards

Hans

AW: Quick CameraRoll Question

Posted by Hans Nuecke <hn...@vservu.de>.
Quick update:

Posted by Hans Nuecke <hn...@vservu.de>.
Thank you very much for your advice and links!
I'll have a look at Distriqt's offering!
Regards

Hans

Posted by "Erik J. Thomas" <er...@linqto.com>.

Posted by Hans Nuecke <hn...@vservu.de>.
Eric,

Posted by bilbosax <wa...@comcast.net>.
After a little testing, I may just be in luck.  I "assumed" that all file
types that displays in the Photos app on iOS would show up in the
cameraRoll, but unless I am mistaken, I don't think they necessarily do.

cameraRoll.browseForImage() appears to show only images, removing video
files.  I guess it's possible I just didn't see my test video, and I don't
know if there is a browseForVideo() method if what your app needs is videos,
but right now, I am not seeing any videos in the list of media.  Same for
Android. So that takes care of the video problem for me.

And, the way that the image data gets sent to AIR, it appears my app does
not really care whether it is JPEG or PNG.  Both seem to work with the
bitmap and bitmapdata objects that i work with.

So I might be missing something, but I think I am good to go!!!

Thanks for the input Erik!

Re: Quick CameraRoll Question