Posted to asp@perl.apache.org by Francesco Pasqualini <f....@cpsinformatica.it> on 2003/03/20 14:04:17 UTC

Standalone CGI Mode in win32 problem

hi,
I need the Standalone CGI Mode in win32 (NT/win2000) (apache 1.3)
There are two main problems

- It seem that there is a problem in the POST method: the application
does not respond (infinite loop). This is visible trying the example
http://127.0.0.1/aspcgi/eg/cgi.htm

- All the examples output are truncated (a few bytes at the end of
the html output are missed)

apart that your work is great

I hope that it will be not so difficult to fix these problems.

thanks
Francesco Pasqualini

Re: Standalone CGI Mode in win32 problem

Posted by francesco_pasqualini <f....@cpsinformatica.it>.
Hi Joshua,
the problems persist in apache-asp Standalone CGI Mode in win32.
The problems are visible (after a simple installation) running the
examples shipped with the apache-asp package:
- site/eg/form.asp (output truncated)
- site/eg/cgi.htm  (infinite wait submitting the form)

As you request, I checked the content-length and it is correct:

#lwp-request -ed http://192.168.0.40/aspcgi/eg/form.asp
Cache-Control: private
Connection: close
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 16:40:22 GMT
Server: Apache/1.3.26 (Win32)

lwp-request  http://192.168.0.40/aspcgi/eg/form.asp  | wc
     52     129    1639

Sorry, for the delay
thank's

Francesco Pasqualini

> Francesco Pasqualini wrote:
> > hi,
> > I need the Standalone CGI Mode in win32 (NT/win2000) (apache 1.3)
> > There are two main problems
> >
> > - It seem that there is a problem in the POST method: the
application
> > does not respond (infinite loop). This is visible trying the
example
> > http://127.0.0.1/aspcgi/eg/cgi.htm
> >
> > - All the examples output are truncated (a few bytes at the end of
> > the html output are missed)
> >

> This kind of problem is often because of an incorrect Content-
Length header
> that is set, so that the browser artificially truncates the
output.  It would
> be interesting to see the output of running this from a unix
command line
> if you have this available:
>
> ]# lwp-request -ed http://127.0.0.1/aspcgi/eg/application.asp
> Cache-Control: private
> Connection: close
> Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2003 20:35:07 GMT
> Server: Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) mod_perl/1.26 mod_ssl/2.8.10
OpenSSL/0.9.6g

Posted by Josh Chamas <jo...@chamas.com>.