Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Francesco laTorre <fr...@openbet.com> on 2016/09/12 14:53:58 UTC

no kafka controllers in zookeeper

Hi guys,

Pretty new to kafka and having sporadic issues with replication.
Running Kafka *0.8.2.1 *:

$> find ./libs/ -name \*kafka_\* | head -1 | grep -o '\kafka[^\n]*'
kafka_2.11-0.8.2.1-scaladoc.jar

on a cluster of *3 brokers* :

$> ./zookeeper-shell.sh localhost:19374
Connecting to localhost:19374

Welcome to ZooKeeper!

JLine support is disabled

WATCHER::

WatchedEvent state:SyncConnected type:None path:null

*ls /brokers/ids

                                   *
*[1, 2, 3]  *

is it normal that zookeeper reports no controllers :

[...]

*ls /controller *

*[] *

Or am I missing anything in the configuration ?

Cheers,
Francesco

Re: no kafka controllers in zookeeper

Posted by Francesco laTorre <fr...@openbet.com>.
Hi,

*get* /controller

is the way to go, thought there should have been children.

Cheers,
Francesco

Posted by Francesco laTorre <fr...@openbet.com>.
Hi,