Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by David Canteros <da...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/20 14:04:47 UTC

Forms require that the request method be POST....

Hi guys!
Lately I detected a lot of this exception in the logs of my tap
applications... It said:

*org.apache.tapestry5.ioc.internal.OperationException: Forms require that
the request method be POST and that the t:formdata query parameter have
values. [at context:courses/ManageCoursesPage.tml, line 8]*

The .tml
    <form t:type="form" t:id="filterCoursesForm" t:zone="coursesGridZone">
   </form>

This happens often, but not all the time... I didn't found external causes,
so i believe that are related with tapestry... I was looking for fix in the
mailing list, but only found some tricks...
For example
http://tapestry.1045711.n5.nabble.com/Safari-for-example-browser-history-and-form-exception-td4942074.html,

In this case, it decorates the RequestExceptionHandler and checks if the
exception contains the string "*Forms require that the request..*.", if
true then throws some kind on redirect... Can anybody say if this fix is
correct?? Otherwise, can anybody suggest other more clear fix, or provide
some context to understand the exception?

Thanks in advance!
David

David Germán Canteros

Re: Forms require that the request method be POST....

Posted by David Canteros <da...@gmail.com>.
 I forgot to say that I'm using tapestry 5.3.2 running on tomcat 6, and the
exceptions happens which users who use Firefox 3...

David Germán Canteros

Posted by David Canteros <da...@gmail.com>.
Ok, I will try it in my code.
Thanks Lenny!