Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by "Leschke, Scott" <SL...@medline.com> on 2016/09/14 14:51:53 UTC

Question regarding .cfg files and configuration records

I've noticed that if a .cfg file is deleted while Karaf is running, the associated configuration record is deleted from Configuration Admin as well.  OTOH, if the file is deleted while Karaf is NOT running, the associated configuration record is retained. I would have expected that records for files that no longer exist would be deleted when configuration admin service starts.

Anyway, I assume this is a felix.fileinstall thing really, but I'm wondering if this dichotomy is by design or simply an artifact.  I just verified that this still occurs in Karaf 4.0.6 so this is current behavior.

Scott

RE: Question regarding .cfg files and configuration records

Posted by "Leschke, Scott" <SL...@medline.com>.
I’ve created a fileinstall Jira on this.

Scott

I would consider that a file install bug ...
Given file install store the file name in the config, it should be able to see if it has been deleted when restarting.

--
------------------------
Guillaume Nodet

Email: gnodet@redhat.com<ma...@redhat.com>
Web: http://fusesource.com<http://fusesource.com/>
Blog: http://gnodet.blogspot.com/

Re: Question regarding .cfg files and configuration records

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@apache.org>.

--
Guillaume Nodet

Web: http://fusesource.com