Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Binkley, Peter" <Pe...@ualberta.ca> on 2004/06/10 03:14:52 UTC

on-insert-row and default values

I'm trying to set default values in the fields of a new row in Cocoon forms
(with an XML back end, not a bean). In my binding I've tried things like
this:

<fb:on-insert-row>
  <fb:insert-node>
    <transaction>
      <timestamp>2004-06-09</timestamp>
    </transaction>
  </fb:insert-node>
</fb:on-insert-row>

But the value doesn't get through to the form. I can't find an example that
illustrates this problem. What do I need to do to get a default value into a
field in a new row? I suppose it's a binding problem, but I'm not sure what
I'm binding to in this case.

I'd like to get to something dynamic like this:

<fb:on-insert-row>
  <fb:insert-node>
    <transaction>
      <timestamp>