Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Vinny <vi...@blendermania.com> on 2000/07/09 07:48:07 UTC

Please help with Tomcat 3.2 <-> mm mysql

  in the server.xml file of my tomcat engine I uncommented out the following:

Line 90:             <RequestInterceptor className="org.apache.tomcat.realm.JDBCRealm" debug="99"
Line 91:              driverName="org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver"
Line 92:
connectionURL="jdbc:mysql://medusa.hitlist.com/authority?user=www;password=test"
Line 93:              userTable="users" userNameCol="user_name" userCredCol="user_pass"
Line 94:              userRoleTable="user_roles" roleNameCol="role_name" />

in order to connect to my mysql server. I connecting from a machine that has been connecting
via php without problems. The above example config points to a database that does not exist
anyone have a mysql dump of the database that tomcat is looking for?

the error I get when trying to start tomcat is:

[root@www tomcat]# ERROR reading /usr/local/tomcat/conf/server.xml
At Line 94 /Server/ContextManager/RequestInterceptor/ className=org.apache.tomcat.realm.JDBCRealm
debug=99 driverName=org.gjt.mm.mysql.Driver
connectionURL=jdbc:mysql://medusa.hitlist.com/authority?user=www;password=test userTable=users
userNameCol=user_name userCredCol=user_pass userRoleTable=user_roles roleNameCol=role_name

FATAL: configuration error
java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.tomcat.realm.JDBCRealm
        at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java, Compiled Code)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java, Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java, Compiled Code)
        at sun.misc.Launcher$AppClassLoader.loadClass(Launcher.java, Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(ClassLoader.java, Compiled Code)
        at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.ObjectCreate.start(XmlMapper.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.matchStart(XmlMapper.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.startElement(XmlMapper.java, Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.maybeElement(Parser.java, Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.content(Parser.java, Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.maybeElement(Parser.java, Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.content(Parser.java, Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.maybeElement(Parser.java, Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.parseInternal(Parser.java, Compiled Code)
        at com.sun.xml.parser.Parser.parse(Parser.java, Compiled Code)
        at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java, Compiled Code)
        at javax.xml.parsers.SAXParser.parse(SAXParser.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.util.xml.XmlMapper.readXml(XmlMapper.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.execute(Tomcat.java, Compiled Code)
        at org.apache.tomcat.startup.Tomcat.main(Tomcat.java, Compiled Code)

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks

--
Vincent Stoessel-vinny@blendermania.com
Xaymaca Studios http://www.blendermania.com

Re: Please help with Tomcat 3.2 <-> mm mysql

Posted by Vinny <vi...@blendermania.com>.
Uh.. no more errors since I installed the latest tomcat nightly build.
I'm thinking up my first mysql connecting servlet as I'm writing this.
The new tomcat mantra:
Download the nightly build before reporting a problem.