Posted to users@directory.apache.org by Stefan Seelmann <ma...@stefan-seelmann.de> on 2017/09/10 19:59:14 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory Studio 2.0-0-M13 released

The Apache Directory Team is pleased to announce the release of Apache
Directory Studio 2.0.0-M13, the next milestone towards a 2.0 version.

Apache Directory Studio is a complete directory tooling platform
intended to be used with any LDAP server however it is particularly
designed for use with ApacheDS. It is an Eclipse RCP application,
composed of several Eclipse (OSGi) plugins, that can be easily upgraded
with additional ones. These plugins can even run within Eclipse itself.

You can download Apache Directory Studio 2.0.0-M13 as a standalone RCP
application for Mac OS X, Linux and Windows here:
http://directory.apache.org/studio/downloads.html

You can also install it directly in Eclipse using this update site:
http://directory.apache.org/studio/update/

Here are the release notes for Apache Directory Studio 2.0.0-M13:

* [DIRSTUDIO-1120] - Checkbox active protocols
* [DIRSTUDIO-1127] - Configuration of Kerberos and ChangePassword port
is not working
* [DIRSTUDIO-1129] - Referrals do not work in v2
* [DIRSTUDIO-1130] - Password from Keystore not used
* [DIRSTUDIO-1133] - Potential NPE issue
* [DIRSTUDIO-1134] - Boolean Attribute Addition with no value causes
Directory Studio crash on Mac
* [DIRSTUDIO-1140] - Apple Sierra shows corrupted app when launching Studio
* [DIRSTUDIO-1143] - Stack trace when saving configuration
* [DIRSTUDIO-1147] - bad links studio welcome overview page
* [DIRSTUDIO-1131] - Update for OIDDescriptions.properties
* [DIRSTUDIO-1144] - Upgrade to Eclipse Neon.3
* [DIRSTUDIO-1137] - Upgrade to Java 8

The Apache Directory Team

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory Studio 2.0-0-M13 released

Posted by Emmanuel Lécharny <el...@gmail.com>.

Le 10/09/2017 à 23:15, Lothar Haeger a écrit :
> Stefan Seelmann wrote:
>
>> * [DIRSTUDIO-1140] - Apple Sierra shows corrupted app when launching Studio
> Seems like this one has not been fixed completely: I got the described error
> after copying M13 over the previous version on MacOS Sierra. Deleted the app
> and copied again, same error. Had to run "xattr -cr
> /Applications/ApacheDirectoryStudio.app" to be able to actually open Studio.
>
> Running "xattr -lr /Volumes/dmg/ApacheDirectoryStudio.app" does NOT show any
> extended attrs, though.

I had to allow the application to be ran on my mac using the
Security&Privacy preference tab (it asks me if I wanted to allow Studio
to be ran, and when I allowed it, I was able to run it).

If adding xattr -cr to the dmg solves this issue, then we can add it
into the next release.

--
Emmanuel Lecharny

Symas.com
directory.apache.org

Re: [ANNOUNCE] Apache Directory Studio 2.0-0-M13 released

Posted by Lothar Haeger <lo...@brummelhook.com>.
Stefan Seelmann wrote:

> * [DIRSTUDIO-1140] - Apple Sierra shows corrupted app when launching Studio

Seems like this one has not been fixed completely: I got the described error
after copying M13 over the previous version on MacOS Sierra. Deleted the app
and copied again, same error. Had to run "xattr -cr
/Applications/ApacheDirectoryStudio.app" to be able to actually open Studio.

Running "xattr -lr /Volumes/dmg/ApacheDirectoryStudio.app" does NOT show any
extended attrs, though.

(May I suggest to name the disk image something like "Apache Directory Studio"
in the next release, btw?)