Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Burmeister, Mark" <ma...@xelus.com> on 2002/02/26 18:27:05 UTC

Oracle PSML Database

Does anyone have any accurate configuration instructions for getting Oracle
8i working using the PSML files.
I have followed all the instructions and keep gettting errors in my
jetspeed.log such as ....
Any  help would be much appreciated.

Running PSMLImporter...
java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not create new profile in DB
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.psmlmanager.db.DatabasePsmlManagerService.creat
eOrSaveDocument(DatabasePsml
ManagerService.java:600)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.psmlmanager.db.DatabasePsmlManagerService.creat
eDocument(DatabasePsmlManage
rService.java:504)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.psmlmanager.CastorPsmlManagerService.export(Cas
torPsmlManagerService.java:1
145)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.psmlmanager.PsmlImporter.run(PsmlImporter.java:
116)
        at
org.apache.jetspeed.services.psmlmanager.db.DatabasePsmlManagerService.init(
DatabasePsmlManagerService.j
ava:169)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.TurbineBaseService.init(TurbineBaseService.java:
108)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseInitableBroker.initClass(BaseInitableBroker.
java:150)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.doInitService(BaseServiceBroke
r.java:226)
        at
org.apache.turbine.services.BaseServiceBroker.initServices(BaseServiceBroker
.java:195)
        at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.init(Turbine.java:233)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.load(StandardWrapper.java:852)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.loadOnStartup(StandardContext.java:
3267)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:3384)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:785)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:454)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:712)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:599)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:777)
        at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:463)
        at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSuppor
t.java:155)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1131)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:612)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1123)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:307)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:388)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:505)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:776)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.execute(Catalina.java:681)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.process(Catalina.java:179)
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:243)
PSMLImporter completed. Exported 3 profiles
Starting service Tomcat-Apache

Re: Oracle PSML Database

Posted by Chris Kimpton <ki...@yahoo.com>.
Hi,

We are using dbpsml with Oracle 816.

We are using the sql scripts as supplied and its all working fairly
ok - at least now.

I did get some problems early on where certain profiles resulted in
entries with duplicate keys and thus the second one fails to load -
which seems to be the case as the message seems to be you have 3
profiles loaded.

Have you checked the tables - any profiles loaded?

You might want to remove a psml file or two.

HTH,
Chris

--- "Burmeister, Mark" <ma...@xelus.com> wrote:
> Does anyone have any accurate configuration instructions for
> getting Oracle
> 8i working using the PSML files.
> I have followed all the instructions and keep gettting errors in my
> jetspeed.log such as ....
> Any  help would be much appreciated.
>

> Running PSMLImporter...
> java.lang.RuntimeException: Could not create new profile in DB
>         at

org.apache.jetspeed.services.psmlmanager.db.DatabasePsmlManagerService.creat
> eOrSaveDocument(DatabasePsml
> ManagerService.java:600)
>         at

[snip]

=====
Need somewhere to Live in London? - Then go to http://freeflats.com

RE: Oracle PSML Database

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
I've updated the documentation:
http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed/site/psml_db.html
Also fixed a few bugs in the Torque schema for Oracle.
Recommend cvs updating and trying again.
Hope that helps....