Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sean Finney <fi...@cs.swarthmore.edu> on 2002/04/06 01:41:01 UTC

overriding IndexIgnore in .htaccess?

hi all--

I frequently like to post sourcecode directories on my webpages, and
usually don't bother putting in an index.html in there and let
apache (1.3.9) do the indexing for me.  now, i've noticed a slight
problem that before now had gone unnoticed:  certain files in directories
(README, et c.) are arbitrarily omitted from the indexing.  I found the
following default config in my server's httpd.conf:

IndexIgnore */.??* *~ *# */HEADER* */README* */RCS

now I'd like to not change the default setting, but at the same time,
according to apache docs specifying IndexIgnore in my own .htaccess
file simple appends to the list.  Is there any way I can override
this?

thanks for your help
--sean