Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Prem Yadav <ip...@gmail.com> on 2015/06/07 16:49:44 UTC

Add new DC to cluster

Hi,
We have an existing cluster consisting of 3 DCs. Authentication is enabled.
I am trying to add a new DC. I followed the steps mentioned at:

http://docs.datastax.com/en/cassandra/2.0/cassandra/operations/ops_add_dc_to_cluster_t.html

Bit, I still can't login to any of the nodes in the new DC using the
superuser. The cassandra superuser was always disabled.

I ran the repair. How long should the repair take for system_auth? Anything
else I am missing?

I restarted the nodes a couple of times. Shouldn't the nodes pull the data?

Any help is appreciated.

Re: Add new DC to cluster

Posted by Prem Yadav <ip...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Anuj.
In our setup it's already NetworkTopology for system_auth. Not sure if it
was default or whether we altered it at some point.
Repair seems to take forever. A few things that worked for me:

I used cqlsh to connect to one of the nodes in existing DCs and set
consistency to ALL. After that I changed the password of the user I wanted
to connect to. Voila :) the consistency worked and I can now connect to the
new DCs using the user.

I guess if I do it for all users, it will work. This is enough for me.
However, I would think 'nodetool rebuild' and a restart should take care of
this. Not sure why it doesn't.

Re: Add new DC to cluster