Posted to dev@geronimo.apache.org by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de> on 2022/05/31 07:54:04 UTC

Re: Jakarta Mail TCK - Additional Thoughts? (was: TomEE 9.x - from javax to jakarta namespace)

Hi,

short update on this:

Collaborated with JL and exchanged some ideas via Slack.

We now tested James + Greenmail as mail servers to rule out any hard-
coded TCK assumption regarding James. Both fail with the same exception
/ issue on the same TCK mail:
https://github.com/eclipse-ee4j/mail-tck/blob/2.0.0/tests/mailboxes/test1/9

The difference between the RI and our impl is basically the literal
header:

a5 APPEND test1 () "8-Dec-1996 15:30:12 +0100" {150432}
a5 BAD APPEND failed. Illegal arguments.

vs (RI):

A6 APPEND test1 () "08-Dec-1996 15:30:12 +0100" {153113+}
A6 OK [APPENDUID 466034631 1] APPEND completed.
  Copied 1 messages

I pushed a configured Jakarta Mail TCK 2.0.1 setup with updated
instructions into this repository: https://github.com/rzo1/mail-tck

In addition, I am CC'ing the geronimo list, in case some people there
have additional ideas. Otherwise, we will need to take a dive into the
imap spec / server-side impl to get any clues :)

Gruß
Richard

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
Hi Romain,

thanks for the pointer - it sounds somehow familiar to what we
observed. Need to check though :)

Gruß
Richard

Am Donnerstag, dem 02.06.2022 um 09:17 +0200 schrieb Romain Manni-
Bucau:

Posted by "Zowalla, Richard" <ri...@hs-heilbronn.de>.
Hi Romain,

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.