Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Johannes Becker <jo...@hotmail.com> on 2003/11/04 08:21:13 UTC

Two-pass transformation tutorial needed

Hi,

I' looking for a two-pass transformation tutorial for cocoon.
Why?

My post on xsl-list:

My problem is that I have lots of different stylesheets for the
main-template (<xsl:call-template name="main"/>), and I don't want to write
millions of different xsl's that differ just in one entry (<xsl:include
href="XXXXX"/>).
Is there an other way to solve this problem?

my xsl:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<xsl:stylesheet version="1.0"
<xsl:variable name="main"><xsl:value-of
select="/document/style"/></xsl:variable>
<xsl:template match="/document">
<xsl:call-template name="main"/>
</xsl:template>
<!-- wrong usage of include -->
<xsl:include href="{$main}"/>
<!-- end wrong usage -->
<!-- needed to "code" around it -->
</xsl:stylesheet>

They told me to use two pass transformation. Are there some documented
examples for this in cocoon?

Regards
Jonny

Re: Two-pass transformation tutorial needed

Posted by Joerg Heinicke <jh...@virbus.de>.
It's a sitemap thing:

<map:match pattern="**">
   <map:generate src="doc.xml"/>
   <map:transform src="step1.xsl"/>
   <map:transform src="step2.xsl"/>
   <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

If you now do in step1 the output independent transformations and in
step2 the dependent ones (the main template), you should have less
stylesheets than before.

Joerg