Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Jmille34 <jm...@oncourselearning.com> on 2016/03/29 18:14:56 UTC

karaf failing silently

I'm using Talend 6.1 and using the container service that comes with it to
host a mediation route, and every few weeks, the flow stops, and upon
investigation the service says it's still running, but clearly it has been
stopped for a few days. Restarting the service starts it back up and clears
the backlog, but customer service is getting really frustrated with it. We
had it on Linux before we moved to a new colo, and that was more reliable
not surprisingly.

Can anyone give me some pointers on how to troubleshoot the "crash" or
whatever it is that's happening? The talend jobs have useful output, but
mediation routes seem to be black boxes. How do I get an error out fo it?

System:
Hardware: Vmware, 4 cores, 4 gigs ram
Windows 2012 R2 x64
Sun Java 8u71 x64
Karaf 6.1.1_SE_178_TESB-SE-6.1.1-GA-B3

Re: karaf failing silently

Posted by Morgan Hautman <mo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jmille34,

Unfortunately this is not a Talend Support or whatsoever, so next time
try to talk a bit less about Talend or any other vendor...

First of all, why was moving to a Windows server "more reliable not
surprisingly" ?
It should work well on Linux too (even better IMHO ;) ).

I'm gonna give you some tips/pointers where to look:

- Check the logs for any errors. (Check Talend website to find where
they are)
- Install Apache Karaf Decanter on Karaf, so you can monitor the routes.
- Talend Mediation routes , are Apache Camel routes, check there.

Hope you have enough info to find your problem.

Regards,
Morgan