Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Brandy Rex <br...@icloud.com> on 2016/08/03 17:17:46 UTC

Open Office for Mac

To Whom It May Concern,
I downloaded open office for mac using the instructions on the page.  It won’t install onto my new mac.  I need help and get very frustrated using forums.  Can you help me?

Kind Regards.

Brandy

Re: Open Office for Mac

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
Brandy Rex wrote:
> To Whom It May Concern,
> I downloaded open office for mac using the instructions on the page.  It won’t install onto my new mac.  I need help and get very frustrated using forums.  Can you help me?
>
> Kind Regards.
>
> Brandy

Brandy;

You do not give us much useful information to troubleshoot from, but my
SWAG would be that it is GateKeeper that is giving you problems. It is a
known issue and is detailed in the Release Notes at the following link:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/AOO+4.1.2+Release+Notes#AOO4.1.2ReleaseNotes-KnownIssues.
Follow the Mac support article link at the end of the first bullet and
follow the procedure there.

If that does not alleviate your problem reply back with additional
details as to what version of OSX you are using and any error messages
you received when trying to install.

Regards
Keith

Re: Open Office for Mac

Posted by chuck ef <ch...@hotmail.com>.
Did you take care regarding Gatekeeper? I use a Mac and it installs fine.

Sent from my iPhone