Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com> on 2012/07/25 06:09:57 UTC

ANN: The 2nd hbase 0.94.1 release candidate is available for download

The 2nd 0.94.1 RC is available for download here: http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.1-rc1/

Signed with my code signing key: A1AC25A9

0.94.1 is a bug fix release and has 156 issues resolved against it.

The full list of changes is available here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&jqlQuery=project+%3D+HBASE+AND+fixVersion+%3D+%220.94.1%22+AND+status+%3D+Resolved+ORDER+BY+priority+DESC&mode=hide

The tests on the Jenkins machines are stable again and the artifact were built there.

Please take the RC for a spin, check out the doc, etc, and vote +1/-1 by August 7th on whether we should release this as 0.94.1.

The testing spreadsheet is here:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvLqcVIqNtlTdDAxUmwzVkpXSl9DN0tGUmYxUFhub0E#gid=0

Thanks.

-- Lars

RE: ANN: The 2nd hbase 0.94.1 release candidate is available for download

Posted by "Ramkrishna.S.Vasudevan" <ra...@huawei.com>.
+1 from me and my team.  Here in Huawei our testing team has tested some scenarios and the same has been updated in the excel sheet provided by Lars.

Our testing has been done on hadoop 0.20.205.

Regards
Ram

Posted by Aditya <ad...@gmail.com>.
Non-binding +1

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Wed, Jul 25, 2012 at 5:09 AM, lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The 2nd 0.94.1 RC is available for download here: http://people.apache.org/~larsh/hbase-0.94.1-rc1/

+1

Downloaded it.  Started a standalone instance.  Loaded up a couple
million of rows.  Verified count.  Checked logs for errors.  Looked
good except for the below which is not enough to sink a release.

Docs look fine.

Tarball should have an md5 published alongside it -- see the hadoop
how to release doc.

St.Ack

2012-08-07 16:58:43,226 INFO
org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServer: Client attempting to
establish new session at /127.0.0.1:60142
2012-08-07 16:58:43,232 INFO
org.apache.zookeeper.server.ZooKeeperServer: Established session
0x13901f7792d0009 with negotiated timeout 40000 for client
/127.0.0.1:60142
2012-08-07 16:59:16,777 WARN
org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn: caught end of stream
exception
EndOfStreamException: Unable to read additional data from client
sessionid 0x13901f7792d0009, likely client has closed socket
        at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxn.doIO(NIOServerCnxn.java:220)
        at org.apache.zookeeper.server.NIOServerCnxnFactory.run(NIOServerCnxnFactory.java:224)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)

Re: ANN: The 2nd hbase 0.94.1 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Jean-Daniel Cryans <jd...@apache.org>.
+1

I would have liked to try it on our prod clusters but we only got so
far as our dev cluster.

J-D

Posted by Enis Söztutar <en...@hortonworks.com>.
Here is my (non-binding) +1 based on below:

 - Checked signatures
 - Run some basic smoke tests
 - Run LoadTestTool, TestAcidGuarantees on a 7 node cluster
 - Ported the patch for HBASE-6241 (v3 patch, which is coming soon), and
which runs LoadTestTool while killing the servers, rolling restart, batch
killing 50%, etc.

Minor issues (should not sink RC)
 - no md5 or sha file
 - run into HBASE-6469

Enis

Posted by Gopinathan A <go...@huawei.com>.
+1 (non-binidng)

We have ran few basic scenarios with some 2TB data, 1500 regions in a 5 node
cluster.

It will be good in future if we share hbase tar ball with hadoop
2.0.0-alpha, so that we can test the release in both the hadoop version.

Thanks & Regards,
Gopinathan A

I am also +1 (non-binding). I ran some medium sized tests like
TestLoadAndVerify (Bigtop's), and they ran fine.
Devaraj.

Posted by Devaraj Das <dd...@hortonworks.com>.

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@stumbleupon.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.
On Fri, Jul 27, 2012 at 12:37 AM, lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Could do a small 0.94.2 release to address this issue afterwards.

+1

> Maybe we have to start thinking about a.b.c.d bug fix releases to get "emergency" fixes out (0.94.0.1 or 0.94.1.1 in this case).

I'd say nah.  Lets keep our versioning basic.  Instead lets work on
making releases less of a pain (smile).

Good on you Lars,
St.Ack

Re: ANN: The 2nd hbase 0.94.1 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

Hein (via Tom White)

Re: ANN: The 2nd hbase 0.94.1 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

Hein (via Tom White)

Re: ANN: The 2nd hbase 0.94.1 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@stumbleupon.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

--
Best regards,

   - Andy

Hein (via Tom White)

Re: ANN: The 2nd hbase 0.94.1 release candidate is available for download

Posted by Stack <st...@duboce.net>.

Posted by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks Elliot!

Posted by Elliott Clark <ec...@stumbleupon.com>.

Posted by lars hofhansl <lh...@yahoo.com>.
This is a reminder that the voting phase for this RC ends today.
We have a few +1 and no -1. If I hear no objections by this evening I will release

As for myself, I'm +1 as well:
I have been playing with HBase 0.94.1 in various incarnations (local, on top of Hadoop 1.0.3 and 2.0.0-alpha),
did created tables, did scans/puts/gets, tested out some coprocessors, etc.

-- Lars