Posted to dev@arrow.apache.org by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com> on 2017/08/09 22:09:33 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Arrow 0.6.0 - RC0

Hello all,

I'd like to propose the 1st release candidate (rc0) of Apache
Arrow version 0.6.0.  This is a major release consisting of 89
resolved JIRAs [1].

The source release rc0 is hosted at [2].

This release candidate is based on commit
8d80e9d5568395c56e37dd4f6e204faf0a3225ab [3]

Please note this also includes the Plasma Object Store, the IP
for which was recently cleared by vote on the Arrow dev mailing
list and related vote on the Apache Incubator general mailing
list. See [4] for more details. The LICENSE.txt has been updated
to include additional vendored dependency code that was imported
as part of this process.

The vote will be open for at least 72 hours.

[ ] +1 Release this as Apache Arrow 0.6.0
[ ] +0
[ ] -1 Do not release this as Apache Arrow 0.6.0 because...

Thanks,
Wes

How to validate a release signature:
https://httpd.apache.org/dev/verification.html

[1]:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?jql=project%20%3D%20ARROW%20AND%20status%20in%20(Resolved%2C%20Closed)%20AND%20fixVersion%20%3D%200.6.0
[2]: https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/arrow/apache-arrow-0.6.0-rc0/
[3]: https://github.com/apache/arrow/tree/8d80e9d5568395c56e37dd4f6e204faf0a3225ab
[4]: http://incubator.apache.org/ip-clearance/arrow-plasma-object-store.html

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Arrow 0.6.0 - RC0

Posted by Wes McKinney <we...@gmail.com>.
-1 (binding)

I unfortunately must cancel this RC as the Plasma source tree is being
forcibly excluded in the source release scripts from 0.5.0:

https://github.com/apache/arrow/blob/master/dev/release/02-source.sh#L92

This will also enable us to merge the security fixes for Java
dependencies which have been fixed since the 0.6.0 RC.

I will take care of this right now and start a new vote.

Thanks
Wes

Posted by Bryan Cutler <cu...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)