Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Bojan Čekrlić <ce...@parsek.net> on 2001/02/12 10:26:16 UTC

Netscape and BR tags

Hello.

I know there has been a post around this, but I can't seem to find it
(or it's reply for that matter).

Netscape 4.x an bellow have *VERY* different ways of interpreting <br>,

I would be more that happy if I could use XHTML, which is quite possible
with Xalan (just set the xsl:output option to xhtml), BUT:

M$ parser transforms <br/> to <br /> and Xalan ommits the space.
Although both are valid XMLs (and XHTML), the former confuses Netscape
(meaning it simply ignores it). So, the solution is either to use HTML
4.0 (which I rather would not) or to somehow put the spaces inbetween
all <br/> tags. Now, this can be done by search & replace (slow) or by
Xalan.

My question is: Is it possible to convince Xalan to put the spaces in to
keep Netscape happy? Either through setting a featoure or something
else?

Thanks for the info.
Bojan