Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com> on 2005/10/13 20:37:15 UTC

Re: [users@httpd] urgent help needed for name based virtual hosts configuration problem

On 10/13/05, Sri <gs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am configuring name based virtual hosts in my apache2 server.I have
> created a group and username called bahu and i have configured the virtual
> host as follows

> <VirtualHost x.x.x.x>
> User bahu
> Group bahu

> Syntax error on line 54 of
> /etc/apache2/sites-enabled/000-default:
> User cannot occur within <VirtualHost> section
>
> Can some one tell me where i am going wrong.If i want to configure
> Name-Based Virtual Host with perticular user,group is there any other
> settings i need to check.

If you mean that you want all request serving to be under a different
userid for the virtualhost, then this is not possible.  (You can look
at the metux mpm, but I don't think it is very stable.)

If you mean you want suexec to run cgi scripts under that userid (as
you could do in apache 1.3), then you want the SuexecUserGroup
directive.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] urgent help needed for name based virtual hosts configuration problem

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 10/14/05, Sri <gs...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> hi Slive,
>
> thanks for your help.Yes i need to do the same thing i need to install
> mod_suexec module to my existing apache 2 Please help me how to install this
> module to existing one currently i have checked the existing modules it is
> not there.

It appears you are using some sort of vendor-distributed version of
apache.  So I have no way of knowing how it is configured or how to
add modules.  You'll need to ask your vendor.  Sorry.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] urgent help needed for name based virtual hosts configuration problem

Posted by Sri <gs...@yahoo.com>.
hi Slive,

thanks for your help.Yes i need to do the same thing i need to install  mod_suexec module to my existing apache 2 Please help me how to install this module to existing one currently i have checked the existing modules it is not there.

Thanks