Posted to user@storm.apache.org by Jimit Shah <ji...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/27 23:53:07 UTC

lifecycle hooks for storm worker nodes

Are there startup and shutdown hooks for storm worker nodes that I could
use?

Thanks,
Jimit

Re: lifecycle hooks for storm worker nodes

Posted by "Grant Overby (groverby)" <gr...@cisco.com>.
I don’t know of worker hooks, but shouldn’t be interpreted of them not existing.

Bolts have prepare and cleanup methods that could probably be hacked to implement worker lifecycle hooks.

The jvm has shutdown hooks: http://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/lang/Runtime.html#addShutdownHook(java.lang.Thread)

[http://www.cisco.com/web/europe/images/email/signature/est2014/logo_06.png?ct=1398192119726]

Grant Overby
Software Engineer