Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Nikola Djakovic <ni...@asw.eu> on 2017/07/19 09:40:17 UTC

Minimum version

Hi,

I developed application using cordova. I tested it on android device and
it works fine.

Next step is to compile for iPhone device.
Since I still need to buy a mac, I saw on your site requirment: Apple®
tools required to build OS X applications run only on the OS X operating
system on Intel-based Macs. Xcode® 6.0 (the minimum required version)
runs only on OS X version 10.9 (Mavericks) or greater.

Is this minimum version that I need to have? I have opportunity to
borrow mac with OS version 10.8. That mean that I will not have
opportunity  to compile and deploy application?
Is 10.9 version just for cordova 7.x ?

Thanks

Re: Minimum version

Posted by julio cesar sanchez <jc...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

This mail list is to talk about the Cordova project development, not to ask
questions about Cordova usage or requirements. You should ask on Cordova
Slack or Stack Overflow.

You can find the minimum requirements on
http://cordova.apache.org/docs/en/latest/guide/platforms/ios/index.html#requirements-and-support

Apple® tools required to build iOS applications only run on the OS X
operating system on Intel-based Macs. Xcode® 7.0 (the minimum required
version) runs only on OS X version 10.10.4 (Yosemite) or greater, and
includes the iOS 9 SDK (Software Development Kit). To submit apps to the
Apple App Store℠ requires the latest versions of the Apple tools.
I would go for Xcode 8 as Apple might forbid to use Xcode 7 at any
moment. Xcode
8.3.3 requires a Mac running macOS 10.12 or later.