Posted to general@gump.apache.org by Michael Davey <Mi...@coderage.org> on 2004/06/17 16:48:35 UTC

[RT] Java as a dependency

Hi,

With the recent announcement from Sun regarding J2SE snapshots, it
occurred to me that it would be possible to create an ant task that
could fetch the tarball from Sun's server, install it and potentially
pass the path back to Gump.  There are social and legal issues (such as
how to handle licensing issues), but it is technically feasible (if a
bit messy).  Likewise, it would be possible to do something similar for
previous releases, jikes, gcj and so on.

Not sure where to go with this - perhaps just an interesting observation.
--
Michael

Re: [RT] Java as a dependency

Posted by Michael Davey <Mi...@coderage.org>.