Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Michelle Caisse <Mi...@Sun.COM> on 2008/10/08 05:33:43 UTC

TCK errors in 2.2 branch

I haven't run the TCK for a while, but I'm getting the following errors
with transactions.conf in the new 2.2 branch (4 errors total, 2 for each
identity type).  I'm using datanucleus 1.0.1.

20:14:03,296 (main) INFO  [org.apache.jdo.tck] - Exception during setUp
or runtest:

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:

Assertion A13.4.2-29 (setIsolationLevel) failed: active datastore
transaction; JDOUnsupportedOptionException not thrown for
setIsolationLevel(snapshot). Unexpected exception:
javax.jdo.JDOUserException: Isolation level "snapshot" not supported by
this datastore

    at org.apache.jdo.tck.JDO_Test.failOnError(JDO_Test.java:1160)

    at
org.apache.jdo.tck.transactions.SetIsolationLevel.testSetIsolationLevelOutsideTransaction(SetIsolationLevel.java:82)

    at

    at

    at org.apache.jdo.tck.JDO_Test.runBare(JDO_Test.java:272)

    at junit.textui.TestRunner.doRun(TestRunner.java:116)

    at
org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.doRun(BatchTestRunner.java:108)

    at
org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.start(BatchTestRunner.java:148)

    at
org.apache.jdo.tck.util.BatchTestRunner.main(BatchTestRunner.java:123)

20:14:03,765 (main) INFO  [org.apache.jdo.tck] - Exception during setUp
or runtest:

junit.framework.AssertionFailedError:

Assertion A13.4.2-29 (setIsolationLevel) failed: active datastore
transaction; JDOUnsupportedOptionException not thrown for
setIsolationLevel(snapshot). Unexpected exception:
javax.jdo.JDOUserException: Isolation level "snapshot" not supported by
this datastore

    at org.apache.jdo.tck.JDO_Test.failOnError(JDO_Test.java:1160)

    at
org.apache.jdo.tck.transactions.SetIsolationLevel.testSetIsolationLevelWithActiveOptimisticTransaction(SetIsolationLevel.java:130)

Re: TCK errors in 2.2 branch

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@datanucleus.org>.
> Assuming that the DataNucleus 1.1 is not available today, let's change
> the test for 2.2 to expect JDOUserException and file a bug report for
> 2.3 that expects JDOUnsupportedOptionException.

Hi Craig,

Ok with me.

For reference :-
DN 1.0.1 throws JDOUserException
DN 1.1.0.M1 throws JDOUnsupportedOptionException
DN 1.0.2 (when released, probably during November) will throw
JDOUnsupportedOptionException

--
Andy  (DataNucleus - http://www.datanucleus.org)

Re: TCK errors in 2.2 branch

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Doh!

Since you've already branched 2.2, you don't need a bug report for
2.3;  trunk has the correct test.

Craig

Re: TCK errors in 2.2 branch

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.

Re: TCK errors in 2.2 branch

Posted by Andy Jefferson <an...@datanucleus.org>.

Re: TCK errors in 2.2 branch

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.

Re: TCK errors in 2.2 branch

Posted by Craig L Russell <Cr...@Sun.COM>.
Did you update the svn? There were some changes made to the test cases.