Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by "Mevada, Vatsal" <Me...@sky.optymyze.com> on 2017/05/29 10:55:05 UTC

Mesos master start failing with “Failed to load unknown flag 'offer-timeout'”

I am trying to start mesos master by passing offer-timeout parameter using following command:

sudo ./build/bin/mesos-master.sh --ip=<ip> --offer-timeout=5mins --work_dir=/var/lib/mesos

However, it is failing with the following message:

Failed to load unknown flag 'offer-timeout'

Usage: lt-mesos-master [options]

List of options follows here ...

Surprisingly I can see offer-timeout options in the options list.

I have tried following things but no luck:

  *   changing the order of the options
  *   passing the option value in quotes
  *   passing only number without string "mins"

Note that without passing --offer-timeout option I am able to start the mesos master.

Regards,
Vatsal

Re: Mesos master start failing with “Failed to load unknown flag 'offer-timeout'”

Posted by Benjamin Bannier <be...@mesosphere.io>.
Hi Vatsal,

> I am trying to start mesos master by passing offer-timeout parameter using following command:
>
> sudo ./build/bin/mesos-master.sh --ip=<ip> --offer-timeout=5mins --work_dir=/var/lib/mesos
>
> However, it is failing with the following message:
>
> Failed to load unknown flag 'offer-timeout'

The flag is called `--offer_timeout` (underscore instead of hyphen).

Cheers & HTH,

Benjamin