Posted to dev@activemq.apache.org by Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com> on 2016/01/04 15:19:26 UTC

[VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0 (RC2)

Hello all.

I'd like to propose an Apache Artemis 1.2.0 release RC2.  This RC2
addresses the binary library inclusion in the source distribution and
has made progress on addressing the usability issues highlighted in RC1
feedback.

Since 1.1.0 we've had some significant improvements to performance,
particularly around the persistence layer.  In addition new features
have been added such as LDAP and OSGi support.  There has also been more
improvements to the OpenWire protocol.

The release notes can be found here:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12333274

The binary distributions can be found here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1081/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.2.0/

The source archives can be found here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1081/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.2.0/

The Maven repository is here:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1081/

The source tag:
https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.2.0

The project website for that version has been staged to:
http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/

The vote will remain open for 72 hours.

[ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.2.0
[ ] +0 no opinion
[ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)

Here's my (non-binding) +1

Regards

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0 (RC2)

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
+1 Binding.

--
Hiram Chirino
Engineering | Red Hat, Inc.

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0 (RC2)

Posted by Clebert Suconic <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non binding)

I did a blind test from scratch, where downloaded the bin and source
releases on a new linux box and tried out a few examples, started the
broker, consumed the broker... used a lot of the data tools and it
seemed all ok.

On Tue, Jan 5, 2016 at 11:08 AM, Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> +1 (binding)
>
> On Mon, Jan 4, 2016 at 3:19 PM, Martyn Taylor <mt...@redhat.com> wrote:
>> Hello all.
>>
>> I'd like to propose an Apache Artemis 1.2.0 release RC2.  This RC2 addresses
>> the binary library inclusion in the source distribution and has made
>> progress on addressing the usability issues highlighted in RC1 feedback.
>>
>> Since 1.1.0 we've had some significant improvements to performance,
>> particularly around the persistence layer.  In addition new features have
>> been added such as LDAP and OSGi support.  There has also been more
>> improvements to the OpenWire protocol.
>>
>> The release notes can be found here:
>> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315920&version=12333274
>>
>> The binary distributions can be found here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1081/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.2.0/
>>
>> The source archives can be found here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1081/org/apache/activemq/apache-artemis/1.2.0/
>>
>> The Maven repository is here:
>> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheactivemq-1081/
>>
>> The source tag:
>> https://git-wip-us.apache.org/repos/asf?p=activemq-artemis.git;a=tag;h=refs/tags/1.2.0
>>
>> The project website for that version has been staged to:
>> http://people.apache.org/~martyntaylor/
>>
>> The vote will remain open for 72 hours.
>>
>> [ ] +1 approve the release as Apache Artemis 1.2.0
>> [ ] +0 no opinion
>> [ ] -1 disapprove (and reason why)
>>
>> Here's my (non-binding) +1
>>
>> Regards
>

> --
> Claus Ibsen
> -----------------
> http://davsclaus.com @davsclaus

Clebert Suconic

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0 (RC2)

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

--
Claus Ibsen
-----------------

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding)

* Inspected the source distribution for binary artifacts.
* Checked signatures and checksums
* Ran broker from binary and tested with some external client examples.
* Built from source and ran some tests.
* Ran some of the Artemis examples to validate.
* Checked for valid LICENSE and NOTICE files.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121

Re: [VOTE] Apache Artemis 1.2.0 (RC2)