Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by "Steffanina, Jeff" <Je...@marriott.com> on 2008/11/13 23:36:04 UTC

Background Image Covers both Region-before and Region-body

Fop-0.95
The current version of the output works perfectly.  It consists simply
of two parts:
	1.  a region-before that contains a logo and header text
 	2.  a region-body which contains the detail lines.

New change:  the user wants a background image to cover BOTH the
region-before and the region-body (the entire page) without making any
other changes.

How would I define this?

Any hint is greatly appreciated.

Jeff

RE: Background Image Covers both Region-before and Region-body

Posted by "Steffanina, Jeff" <Je...@marriott.com>.
Jeremias / George,

That did it!

Thanks.

Jeff

In the region-before, try a block-container with
absolute-position="fixed" which allows you to position the
block-container relative to the paper edges. You may have to set
font-size="0pt" and line-height="1.0" to avoid a small vertical padding
due to the "half-leading" trait.

On 13.11.2008 23:36:04 Steffanina, Jeff wrote:

> Fop-0.95
> The current version of the output works perfectly.  It consists simply
> of two parts:
> 	1.  a region-before that contains a logo and header text
>  	2.  a region-body which contains the detail lines.
>
> New change:  the user wants a background image to cover BOTH the
> region-before and the region-body (the entire page) without making any
> other changes.
>
> How would I define this?
>
> Any hint is greatly appreciated.
>

> Jeff

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Background Image Covers both Region-before and Region-body

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
In the region-before, try a block-container with
absolute-position="fixed" which allows you to position the
block-container relative to the paper edges. You may have to set
font-size="0pt" and line-height="1.0" to avoid a small vertical padding
due to the "half-leading" trait.

On 13.11.2008 23:36:04 Steffanina, Jeff wrote:

> Fop-0.95
> The current version of the output works perfectly.  It consists simply
> of two parts:
> 	1.  a region-before that contains a logo and header text
>  	2.  a region-body which contains the detail lines.
>
> New change:  the user wants a background image to cover BOTH the
> region-before and the region-body (the entire page) without making any
> other changes.
>
> How would I define this?
>
> Any hint is greatly appreciated.
>

> Jeff

Jeremias Maerki

AW: Background Image Covers both Region-before and Region-body

Posted by Georg Datterl <ge...@geneon.de>.
Hello Jeff,

> Fop-0.95
> The current version of the output works perfectly.  It consists simply of two parts:
>         1.  a region-before that contains a logo and header text
>         2.  a region-body which contains the detail lines.
>
> New change:  the user wants a background image to cover BOTH the region-before and the region-body (the entire page) without making any other changes.
>
> How would I define this?

I'm happy I can finally provide an answer instead of always asking questions. :-)

There should be nothing wrong with putting a background image in your region-before. If the image has exactly the dimensions of your page, you have a background image for the whole page.

Regards,

Georg Datterl

------ Kontakt ------

Georg Datterl