Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by la...@gmail.com on 2007/10/31 16:09:55 UTC

Help with forgetPage method

Hello!

I saw that you had some problems with forgetPage() method, and I was wondering if you could please tell me how can I use this method, I’ve been searching a lot on the Internet , but I did not find an exemple. I don’t even know if this method will be useful to my problem…

So, the problem is when the user refresh/ back / forward the page, these situations can’t happen.

Thanks a lot!

Re: Help with forgetPage method

Posted by Bill Holloway <bi...@gmail.com>.
lalap,

Using the back/forward button on the browser invokes the browser's
internal caching mechanism and is largely beyond the scope of the
server (tapestry) to control.  It is when the browser is *redirected*
back to that page or when the contents of that page are streamed back
to the browser from some listener method that the session data for
that page and that particular user will be "forgotten."

Bill