Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Nate Drake <na...@evoxis.com> on 2002/06/09 20:47:37 UTC

JMS logging question

Hi,

I'm starting to look into using the JMSAppender to do logging, instead of
the JDBCAppender.  I'm new to JMS stuff, so this might be a dumb question.
What type of message does the JMSAppender (or JMSQueueAppender from Scott
Ebersole) send whenever a message is logged?

Is it just a TextMessage? An ObjectMessage containing the LoggingEvent?  Is
it configurable?

Thanks!

Nate

Re: JMS logging question

Posted by Steve Ebersole <st...@austin.rr.com>.
The message sent to the JMS destination (in either case) is a
javax.jms.ObjectMessage.  The "embedded" object is of type
org.apache.log4j.spi.LoggingEvent.

Steve

<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>
<ma...@jakarta.apache.org>