Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by phoey <ph...@gmail.com> on 2010/12/01 12:06:34 UTC

Re: SOLR for Log analysis feasibility

my thoughts exactly that it may seem fairly straightforward but i fear for
when a client wants a perfectly reasonable new feature to be added to their
report and SOLR simply cannot support this feature.

i am hoping we wont have any real issues with scalability as Loggly because
we dont index and store large documents of data within SOLR. Most of our
documents will be very small.

Does anyone have any experience with using field collapsing in a production
environment?

thank you for all your replies.

Joe