Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org> on 2015/09/21 10:19:25 UTC

Nightly CI build is failing

Hi all !

I spent some time looking into this and found that the massive job failing
is telling us that the build dependency feature is now working! Which is
because of every build that has dependency setting start from building
upstream packages locally. That fills up the disk size on every build
slaves.
As I mentioned earlier, our CI build env is a sub-optimal design because of
limited disk size on instances. I have no choice to split components
equally on 4 slaves manually to ease the disk consumption.

Maybe I should start trying nexus server to put built jars there?
Or I can specify an option to tell gradle to fetch jars directly from
public maven instead of building upstream components locally?

Thanks,
Evans

Re: Nightly CI build is failing

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
> Hbase is failing weirdly and don't know what to make out of it 08:57:25  [ERROR] Failed to execute goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-site-plugin:3.3:site (default-site) on project hbase: Error during page generation: Error rendering Maven report: Failed during checkstyle execution: Unable to find suppressions file at location: hbase/checkstyle-suppressions.xml: Could not find resource 'hbase/checkstyle-suppressions.xml'. -> [Help 1]

Sorry I'm just getting to this mail now. We don't have this issue upstream, at least that I've seen when making releases, but let me try a Bigtop build tomorrow and see if I can reproduce it there.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
On Fri, Oct 09, 2015 at 02:55AM, Evans Ye wrote:
> Yes. We'll do that on new CI.
> Changing every job setting is a big headache to me. ;)

Could be done with sed right on the config files, instead of doing this via
webUI. The latter is a pain in the butt, of course.

Cos

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Looks like that's exactly where the problem is coming from. Currently the
master job does this:

docker run --rm -v `pwd`:/ws -v /root/.m2:/root/.m2 bigtop/slaves:$BUILD_ENVIRONMENTS

where the environments are from [centos-6 centos-7 fedora-20 ubuntu-14.04 debian-8].
Looks like that like needs to be changed for something like

docker run --rm -v `pwd`:/ws -v /root/.m2:/root/.m2 bigtop/slaves:trunk-$BUILD_ENVIRONMENTS

Evans, shall we wait until the transition to the new server is over?
  Cos

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.
Yes. We'll do that on new CI.

Posted by Evans Ye <ev...@apache.org>.