Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Ola Ogunneye <OO...@adventisthealthcare.com> on 2003/12/24 14:38:17 UTC

[users@httpd] Getting on the internet.

I had configured my apache installation to the letter of the
installation instruction. I can see successful installation and I have
gone on to install other applications on top of it.

My problem is that during my installation, I had put the value for
servername as atb.atb-associates.com:80 at least that is what is showing
in my httpd.conf file.

I have now finished my first site using mysql, php and weblog
application. However the name of my site is feyiola.com.

Is there anything that I need to change in httpd.conf in order to get
myself on the internet. I am able to view my site when I look locally on
my webserver, but I am having problem over the internet. So I am
troubleshooting from the beginning and since Apache was my first
install, I wanted to clarify that it is not the problem.

So does my servername have a bearing on my internet connection.

There is no where in my httpd.conf file that references my website url -
www.feyiola.com

Does it matter?

Please help and thanks in advance

Ola

Re: [users@httpd] Getting on the internet.

Posted by agftech lists <li...@agftech.com>.
It would help to know more about your httpd.conf, if you don't mind
showing it to other mailinglist users to help you quicker.

Would like to mention that the ServerName should be set to feyiola.com
The ServerName that you have right now does not need to have :80 at the
end. The port should be specified with the Port keyword in the
httpd.conf

Setting up VirtualHost is what you might want to do if you want the same
website with two different ServerName (s) - for internal and external
IP(s)

Good Luck
Aman Raheja

On Wed, 2003-12-24 at 07:38, Ola Ogunneye wrote:
> I had configured my apache installation to the letter of the
> installation instruction. I can see successful installation and I have
> gone on to install other applications on top of it.
>
> My problem is that during my installation, I had put the value for
> servername as atb.atb-associates.com:80 at least that is what is
> showing in my httpd.conf file.
>
> I have now finished my first site using mysql, php and weblog
> application. However the name of my site is feyiola.com.
>
> Is there anything that I need to change in httpd.conf in order to get
> myself on the internet. I am able to view my site when I look locally
> on my webserver, but I am having problem over the internet. So I am
> troubleshooting from the beginning and since Apache was my first
> install, I wanted to clarify that it is not the problem.
>
> So does my servername have a bearing on my internet connection.
>
> There is no where in my httpd.conf file that references my website url
> - www.feyiola.com
>
> Does it matter?
>
> Please help and thanks in advance
>
> Ola

______________________
Aman Raheja
AGF Technologies
http://www.agftech.com

Re: [users@httpd] Getting on the internet.

Posted by Jonas Eckerman <jo...@frukt.org>.

But, it's so easy to change. Is there any special reason why you don't just change the ServerName in httpd.conf to www.feyiola.com if that is what it should be?

>  Does it matter?

That depends on your setup, what CGI and/or PHP-scripts you use, etc, etc.

Regards
/Jonas

PS. You still have some broken images (they reference stuff on http://localhost/).

--