Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by ne...@swisslab.de on 2007/01/16 16:15:25 UTC

shut out IP-adresses / subnets

Hello list,

I'm unsing Tomcat 5.5 in a intranet environment. Is it possible to shut out
special IP adresses or subnets by Tomcat configuration? A Address specified
on this 'blacklist' should not get ANY response from Tomcat.
Is this possible and if, how?

Thanks,
Jan

Re: shut out IP-adresses / subnets

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.
http://tomcat.apache.org/faq/security.html#restrict

-Tim

Posted by EDMOND KEMOKAI <ek...@gmail.com>.
You can implement a filter to check all request to your app before
processing. But if you don't want an IP address to access your app then I
assume you don't want that IP address accessing anything on the OS you're
running. If you have access to the OS running your app in this case it
better to use a firewall like iptables to block the forbidden addresses.

On 1/16/07, news@swisslab.de <ne...@swisslab.de> wrote:

> Hello list,
>
> I'm unsing Tomcat 5.5 in a intranet environment. Is it possible to shut
> out
> special IP adresses or subnets by Tomcat configuration? A Address
> specified
> on this 'blacklist' should not get ANY response from Tomcat.
> Is this possible and if, how?
>
> Thanks,
> Jan

"talk trash and carry a small stick."