Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Ajit.T" <cy...@gmail.com> on 2006/06/19 18:46:38 UTC

Error while Using s:inputTextAjax

Hi,
This is the error stacktrace(partial)  i get when I try using the
s:inputTextAjax component in my  form as given in examples
viz.'inputAjax.jsp'. Can anyone help me decipher this.? I am using 1.1.4
snapshots of myfaces(api,impl),tomahawk,tomahawk-sandbox.
Kindly let me know what am i missing..
thanks ,
 Ajit

ApplicationDispatcher[/project-1] Servlet.service() for servlet jsp threw
exception
java.lang.ClassCastException
	at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.ajax.util.AjaxRendererUtils.writeAjaxScript(AjaxRendererUtils.java:128)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.ajax.util.AjaxRendererUtils.writeAjaxScript(AjaxRendererUtils.java:86)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.inputAjax.HtmlInputTextAjaxRenderer.encodeJavascript(HtmlInputTextAjaxRenderer.java:64)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.inputAjax.HtmlInputTextAjaxRenderer.encodeEnd(HtmlInputTextAjaxRenderer.java:95)
	at
javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIComponentBase.java:536)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.RendererUtils.renderChild(RendererUtils.java:442)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlGridRendererBase.renderChildren(HtmlGridRendererBase.java:216)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlGridRendererBase.encodeEnd(HtmlGridRendererBase.java:98)
	at
javax.faces.component.UIComponentBase.encodeEnd(UIComponentBase.java:536)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.RendererUtils.renderChild(RendererUtils.java:442)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.RendererUtils.renderChildren(RendererUtils.java:419)
	at
org.apache.myfaces.shared_impl.renderkit.html.HtmlGroupRendererBase.encodeEnd(HtmlGroupRendererBase.java:75)
Sent from the MyFaces - Users forum at Nabble.com.

Have this too: Error while Using s:inputTextAjax

Posted by KevinS <ke...@freenet-ag.de>.
:-(

I am also experiencing the same ClassCastException:

java.lang.ClassCastException: javax.faces.component.html.HtmlMessages
at
org.apache.myfaces.custom.ajax.util.AjaxRendererUtils.writeAjaxScript(AjaxRendererUtils.java:128)

For the last two days I have been trying to get some 1.1.5 Sandbox examples
to work and am at the end of my rope.

Does anyone know if a fix is necessary or if this jsf-code is incorrect:

-- TOP OF JSP FILE --

<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/html" prefix="h"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://java.sun.com/jsf/core" prefix="f"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/tomahawk" prefix="t"%>
<%@ taglib uri="http://myfaces.apache.org/sandbox" prefix="s"%>

<f:loadBundle basename="Messages" var="messages"/>

-- IN BODY TAG INSIDE VIEW TAG--

<t:messages globalOnly="true" style="color: red;" styleClass="errorMessage"
/>

<h:form>
<h:panelGrid>
    <h:outputText styleClass="standard_bold" value="Input The Ajax-Aware
Zipcode"/>
    <h:panelGrid columns="2">
        <s:inputTextAjax
          id="zipcode"
          value="#{addressListBean.activeAddress.zipCode}"
          validator="#{customerValidator.validateAreaCode}"
          errorStyle="border:1px solid red; color:red;"/>
        <t:message styleClass="errorMessage" for="zipcode"/>*/%>
    </h:panelGrid>
    <f:verbatim>This component demonstrates ajax updating ability when you
change the
        text. <br/> An error message is displayed if the given area code is
invalid.</f:verbatim>
</h:panelGrid>
</h:form>

Best Regards,
Kevin

Re: Error while Using s:inputTextAjax

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.

--
Gerald Müllan
Schelleingasse 2/11

Re: Error while Using s:inputTextAjax

Posted by "Ajit.T" <cy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gerald Müllan <bi...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

which Messages and/or Message component do you use?

cheers,

Gerald