Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Ran Tavory <ra...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/20 04:54:30 UTC

updates on hector, a java cassandra client

Hector is a java client for cassandra, see http://github.com/rantav/hector
 , http://prettyprint.me/2010/02/23/hector-a-java-cassandra-client/ ,
http://prettyprint.me/2010/03/03/load-balancing-and-improved-failover-in-hector/

Over the past few weeks several contributors and myself added features and
since I get asked about it a few times a day I thought I might post a public
update.

Versions:
With the help of few folks (thanks Arin and other folks) hector now supports
cassandra 0.5.0, 0.5.1 and 0.6.0-beta. See
http://wiki.github.com/rantav/hector/versions

JMX improvements:
I added a number of jmx counters such as: read/sec or writes/sec, max read
time in the last 10 seconds, mean write time in the last 10 seconds, stddev
and others. More here http://wiki.github.com/rantav/hector/jmx

Small bugs fixed. Nothing really serious so far, but a few small glitches,
see http://github.com/rantav/hector/issues/closed

C# clone:
Kris and Matt have created a C# clone at
http://github.com/mattvv/hectorsharp. Thanks a lot guys! I'm told this is
almost ready.

Spring and JNDI:
This is actually in the works (thanks Nathan and Peter, and sorry for slow
response...) but we'll soon have better support for Spring and JNDI

Wiki updates:
I've added a few sections to the wiki http://wiki.github.com/rantav/hector/
My rule of thumb is if I get asked something more than once it deserves a
page. However, I have a backlog... so not all pages are done and I'd
appreciate help - if you have questions or you're willing to contribute to
the wiki feel free to step in.

Contributions are welcome. github is developer friendly, just fork me. If
you plan a longer term involvement I'll be happy to get more committers in.

Re: updates on hector, a java cassandra client

Posted by jo...@exceter.com.
It's not ideal but you could always set the scope of the
cassandra/thrift dependencies to provided.

With the help of few folks (thanks Arin and other folks) hector now supports cassandra 0.5.0, 0.5.1 and 0.6.0-beta. See http://wiki.github.com/rantav/he0.5.1-8 sourcesctor/versions<http://wiki.github.com/rantav/hector/versions>

Posted by Ran Tavory <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@riskmetrics.com>.
Ran,

Posted by Ran Tavory <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ned Wolpert <ne...@imemories.com>.
Ran-

Posted by Ran Tavory <ra...@gmail.com>.
ok, this is a long and puzzling sentence, from
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hector

*Hektōr*, is a Trojan </wiki/Troy> prince and the greatest fighter of Troy
in the Trojan War </wiki/Trojan_War>. As the son of Priam </wiki/Priam> and
Hecuba </wiki/Hecuba>, a descendant of Dardanus </wiki/Dardanus>, who lived
under Mount Ida </wiki/Mount_Ida>, and of Tros </wiki/Tros>, the founder of
Troy,[2] <#cite_note-1> he is a prince of the royal house.

So I guess he was merely  a descendant...

Posted by gabriele renzi <rf...@gmail.com>.