Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Shai Herman <sh...@mos.org> on 2006/04/07 16:30:15 UTC

[users@httpd] windows bin 2.0.55 and ldap

Hello,

  A few days ago I tried to get ldap authentication working against an
active directory server with the windows binary v2.0.55.  I added these
two loadmodule lines:
LoadModule ldap_module modules/util_ldap.so
LoadModule auth_ldap_module modules/mod_auth_ldap.so

  After adding these two line my apache service was beginning to act
funny.  It would not restart or stop successfully without throwing a
"The requested operation has failed!" error.  After looking at the event
log I saw this, "The Apache2 service terminated unexpectedly.  It has
done this [x number of] time(s)." w/event id 7034.  I could find no
relevant information for this and there was nothing in my apache log.

  Once the service is forced to stop I can start it successfully, but
was unable to get ldap authentication to work.  We have a linux server
here running a similar version of apache and can get ldap authentication
to work against the same server.  I have tried a number of things but
without success including disabling virus protection, adding in the line
"Win32DisableAcceptEx", running the apache service as a domain admin
with rights to use the account for a service, and more.

  I have a feeling that I am missing something in my configuration or
that this bin version of apache does not support ldap authentication
though the needed .so files are there.  Can someone please help me
resolve this issue?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Shnazz