Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by gr...@datatrans.hu on 2008/08/25 10:10:59 UTC

parsing XML with APR-UTIL

Hi all,

I was looking for some good APR examples. I know that the httpd source
distribution contains examples in server/mpm/* but what I need is an
XMP parser example with APR-UTIL.

Do you have something like this?

Best regards,
Laszlo Graf

Re: parsing XML with APR-UTIL

Posted by Tim Bray <Ti...@Sun.COM>.
On Aug 26, 2008, at 5:47 AM, grafl@datatrans.hu wrote:

>     apr_xml_elem * child;
>
> the cl.exe fails with the following messages:
>
> error C2275: 'apr_xml_elem' : illegal use of this type as an
> expression see declaration of 'apr_xml_elem'

I've worked with the apr_xml_* stuff on both OS X and Debian and it
all compiled with no fuss.  Shouldn't be a big problem, there's
nothing exotic about it.  Is it possible that you have an executable
statement above this, and are trying to build with a non-C99-capable
compiler?

  -T

Re: parsing XML with APR-UTIL

Posted by gr...@datatrans.hu.
Thank you Tim.

I have another question regarding the apr_xml_elem type, used in that code.
If I declare a variable like this

      apr_xml_elem * child;

the cl.exe fails with the following messages:

error C2275: 'apr_xml_elem' : illegal use of this type as an
expression see declaration of 'apr_xml_elem'

Any hint?

Idézet (Tim Bray <Ti...@Sun.COM>):

Re: parsing XML with APR-UTIL

Posted by Tim Bray <Ti...@Sun.COM>.