Posted to user@roller.apache.org by Hernán Leoni <he...@globant.com> on 2008/02/20 19:34:32 UTC

performance and clustering

Hi,

Is there any estimate about the load a server could support?

(of course it depends on many factors, I just need any sample case or
something like that)

Is there any support for clustering?

Can multiple Roller instances to share the same database?

Thanks

Hernán

RE: struts.xml generation

Posted by "Broderick, Andrew" <An...@monster.com>.
OK, I found it now. Eclipse deleted it because it's only in the classes
folder, not the src folder.

Thanks

Posted by Allen Gilliland <Al...@Sun.COM>.

struts.xml generation

Re: performance and clustering

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Feb 20, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Hernán Leoni <he...@globant.com> wrote:
>  Is there any estimate about the load a server could support?
>  (of course it depends on many factors, I just need any sample case or something like that)

We don't have a good sizing methodology or formula for you.

If you do some googling you can find that blogs.sun.com runs Roller on
two Sun T2000 servers each with 3GB JVM heap size and 6GB memcached
caches [1] and handles 1.6 million hits a day [2]

[1] http://markmail.org/message/of7cnuhoacp6jyxq
[2] http://blogs.sun.com/leroyk/entry/web_server_7_0_did

>  Is there any support for clustering?
>  Can multiple Roller instances to share the same database?

Yes. You can run multiple Roller instances against the same databases,
but you'll have to ensure that all instances can access the
file-uploads directory. Also, you'll want to disable Roller's built-in
search feature because it will not work properly in a distributed
setup.

- Dave