Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by dev <de...@chez.com> on 2002/06/05 18:28:56 UTC

how to: validation of the soap envelop against the wsdl and its schema

Hello,
I'd like to perform validation of the soap envelop against the wsdl and its
schema.
Has anyone already done that before?

With schema we can apply some restrictions also called facets to data like:
<xsd:simpleType name="cardNumberType">
     <xsd:restriction base="xsd:string">
             <xsd:pattern value="[0-9]{16}"/>
     </xsd:restriction>
</xsd:simpleType>

If the request send a "malformed" data, all is working without any "format
error", that is, there is no automatic validation of the data performed by
axis based on the wsdl and the schema, ie a cardnumber like 'AZERTY' will
not raise any error.

How can I perform this validation, should I:
- add the validation in each Class type generate by the wsdl2java?
or
- create an handler that parse the request and validate it accordingly to
the wsdl and schema?
or
- other idea?
Is there something planed to do the job in further version?
Or did I miss something ?

Many thanks,
Cedric